Lit the Light – Fundraiser
To run their Technology Center for Visually challenged in Porur, Lit the Light is in need of Rs. 40,000 / month. They also have 100s of supporters to raise this money every month. But the devil lies in the process: Following up the donors (monthly), accounting it, sending receipts, compiling all this data for IT Filing and Annual reports is a huge administrative work that no Ngo/Volunteer wants to do.
NGOs and Volunteers are here to create the Impact, to be in the field, to be with people, not to do accounting, spreadsheets and mails. That’s where we pitch in, we solve the process with our system and keep them do what they love to do, to touch lives.
About Lit the Light
Lit the Light is one of our first set of 6 NGOs with whom we did the first alpha testing of Grassroots in 2016. Lit the Light is totally into serving the Physically challenged persons in all possible ways. To mention a very few:
- Arranging almost 5000+ scribes every year across Tamilnadu (Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Vellore, Salem, etc.,), to help Visually challenged students write their exams.
- Supporting nearly 30 schools and colleges in Chennai with scribes.
- Assisting Visually impaired in getting jobs and successfully placed 25 candidates in different organisations, so far.
- Assisting physically challenged persons in developing and showcasing their talents and reach a bigger stage in their life/career, sometimes getting a global reach. To mention a few:
- Financially supporting Mr. K Ramesh, a cricketer from Tamilnadu who represented INDIA in T20 World Cup in 2014, happened in Cape Town, South Africa. And India won the world cup by defeating Pakistan in the finals (Ref: https://www.dnaindia.com/sports/report-world-cup-win-finally-brings-india-s-blind-cricket-team-in-the-spotlight-2043728)
- In April 2016, The Common Wealth Judo Championship was held at Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Three players were selected from Tamil Nadu to represent India. But they lacked financial support. They didn’t receive any help from the Government. ‘Lit the Light’ launched a fund raising campaign for the players and where able to raise around Rs 1 Lakh 14 Thousand each for the three players and one coach. (Ref: https://www.facebook.com/pg/LitTheLight/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1696453247289095)
- Supporting Kannama fame Jyothi’s to reach TV shows and even get an opportunity to sing in Movies (Ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeUKKEMIj6Q)
To know more about Lit the Light, visit